God gives us many gifts, and looks after all of us, providing us with what we need. Just like God is generous with us, He wants us to be generous with others, and to give of what we have to those who are in need.
prayers/readings for study
To give and to be generous are attributes of Mine; well is it with him that adorneth himself with My virtues. (Bahá’u’lláh, The Hidden Words, #49, Persian)
- The story of a young ‘Abdu’l-Bahá presenting gifts to the shepherds, from Lesson 5 of Ruhi Book 3, Grade 1.
- “Fountain of Generosity”, from Lesson 5 of Ruhi Book 3, Grade 1.
- The Twins. Ask two children to stand back to back and squat down. Then, tell them to hook elbows and stand up.
- Giving. A trading-card game in which all players start with random cards, each representing a particular human need (such as food, clothing, shelter, education, etc). The children must give away what they have to others who are in need, until everyone’s basic needs are met.
- Check out our colouring page about generosity!