The worldwide Bahá’í community has built up a large repertoire of songs for use in children’s classes. Depending on what you’re looking for, it’s more or less easy to find lyrics, guitar chords and sheet music for Bahá’í songs.
Lyrics and guitar chords
- The songs given in Book 3 of the Ruhi curriculum include guitar chords with the lyrics. You can find these online at the Ruhi Institute’s website.
- Another good source for singable Bahá’í songs is this collection of Bahá’í songs with guitar chords, as compiled by an individual, or this slightly larger collection.
- Another collection of songs, without guitar chords, was compiled by the Bahá’ís of Greater Houston.
- Larry Magee of Los Nice Guys provides lyrics and guitar chords for his Ruhi Book 3 memorization songs.
Actual sheet music for Bahá’í songs is a little harder to find, especially online, as many arrangements are copyrighted. If you don’t mind paying for a good Bahá’í songbook, though, you won’t be disappointed.
- O Be Joyful!, compiled by Ruth Vander Stelt, is a wonderful collection of sheet music for Bahá’í songs in many languages, including English, French, Spanish, and Arabic. The book is available through the Canadian Bahá’í Distribution Service.
- Voice of Devotion is an online songbook featuring original devotional songs composed by Amy Stephen.
- Larry Magee of Los Nice Guys provides piano sheet music for his memorization songs for Ruhi Book 3, Grade 1.
- Manifold Melodies has posted sheet music for a number of Bahá’í songs, including a number of choral pieces.
- One of our readers has graciously offered sheet music for her own arrangements of some Bahá’í songs, which you can download here!
- We Are Drops for violins and piano/guitar.